Company Profile is an initiative by ListMyStartUp to publish verified information on different startups and organizations. The content in this post has been approved by the organization it is based on.
The transaction is the heart of the developing business world. It revolutionizes the global economy with its circulatory nature. Safety and Reliability are the main factors that define what the best transaction is, and thus describe the company PayPal.
PayPal, a company based in the United States, is a digital payment platform that allows individuals and businesses to send and receive money online. It is widely accepted as a payment method for online transactions and can also be used for in-store purchases. PayPal also offers other services such as money transfers and the ability to pay bills and make purchases through a mobile app. It is a fast, secure, and convenient way to manage money.
PayPal – Company Highlights
- Startup Name-PayPal
- Headquarters-California, United States
- Sector-Financial technology
- Founders-Peter Thiel, Max Levchin, Luke Nosek, Ken Howery, and Yu Pan
- CEO & President-Dan Schulman
- Founded -December 1998
- Revenue-$25.6 Bn (2022)
- Valuation-$87.19 Bn (Jan 2023)
- Parent Organization-PayPal Payments Private Limited
PayPal - About
- PayPal was established as ‘Confinity’ in December 1998 by Max Levchin, Peter Thiel, and Luke Nosek. The company functions as a payment processor in many e-commerce sites, and auction sites. PayPal’s first electronic payment was launched in 1999. Being the PayPal platform, Braintree, Venmo, and Xoom enable users in flexible transactions with different currencies. The company was acquired by eBay in 2002 and got separated in 2015
PayPal - Founders and Team
- PayPal was founded in 1999 by Max Levchin, Peter Thiel, and Luke Nosek.
- Dan Schulman is the President and CEO of PayPal. He did his Bachelor’s from Middlebury College and an MBA from New York University Stern School of Business. He was the former president of Sprint’s Prepaid Group and he was also the CEO of Virgin Mobile. He now works towards democratizing the financial services of billions of people.
- The core team of PayPal is as follows:
- Mark Britto - EVP, Chief Product Officer
- John Rainer - CFO and EVP, Global Customer Operations
- Louise Pentland - EVP, Chief Business Affairs and Legal Officer
- Jonathan Auerbach - EVP, Chief Strategy, Growth, and Data Officer
- Peggy Alford - EVP, Global Sales
- Aaron Karczmer - Chief Risk Officer and EVP, Risk, and Platforms
- Sri Shivananda - SVP, Chief Technology Officer
- Franz Paasche - SVP, Corporate Affairs
- Gabrielle Rabinovitch - VP, Investor Relations
PayPal - Vision and Mission
- PayPal’s vision is to democratize financial services and empower people and businesses to prosper in the global economy.
Paytm or PhonePe : Which One Is Better?
- When ATM revolutionized the way we exchange and handle money, would you believethat with the advent of digital wallets you will be able to do your transactionswithout cash or card in our pockets. Digital wallet or UPI (United PaymentsInterface) was launched in 2015 by the state owned National pay…
PayPal - Name, Tagline, and Logo
- ‘Paying your Pal’ is the focus of the company, which gave rise to the name ‘PayPal’. ‘Because you have to’ and ‘Safe Hai’ are the taglines that PayPal used before.
PayPal - Growth and Revenue
- PayPal's revenue for the twelve months ending September 2022 was $27.053 billion, a 10.11% increase from 2021.
- PayPal currently has over 432 million active users with more than 200 markets around the world.
PayPal - Business and Revenue Model
- PayPal charges its customers and merchants with net transaction fees which are based on Total Payments Volume. It also makes money through other value-added services such as from interest and fees earned on loans.
PayPal - Competitors
- Google Wallet, Skrill, Wepay, and 2checkout are some of the biggest competitors of PayPal.
PayPal - Achievements
- In the Forbes list, PayPal ranks 123rd among World's Top Female-Friendly Companies (2022) and 45th in World's Best Employers (2022). It is also recognized as America's Best Employers By State (2022).
PayPal - Future Plans
- Paypal has several plans and initiatives for the future, including expanding its services to more countries and regions, increasing the number of businesses that accept PayPal as a payment method, and developing new products and features to enhance the user experience.
- Some of the specific plans that have been announced include the launch of a new service called "PayPal Commerce Platform" which allows businesses to easily manage their transactions across multiple sales channels, and the development of new technology such as biometric authentication to make payments more secure.
- Additionally, Paypal is planning on expanding its cryptocurrency capabilities by allowing users to buy, hold, and sell digital assets.
- PayPal is a widely-used and convenient online payment platform that allows individuals and businesses to easily send and receive money. With its secure and user-friendly features, it has become a popular choice for online transactions.
Who is the founder of PayPal?
- Ken Howery, Max Levchin, Luke Nosek, Yu Pan, and Peter Thiel are PayPal founders.
Where is the new owner of PayPal?
- Dan Schulman is the current president and CEO of PayPal, and the former eBay CEO John Donahoe is serving as chairman.
Where is PayPal headquarters?
- PayPal's corporate headquarters are in San Jose, California, U.S., whereas the operative center is in La Vista, Nebraska, U.S.
Is it free to use PayPal?
- Yes, it is free to use PayPal unless it's a business transaction involving currency conversion or you want an instant bank transfer.