Company Profile is an initiative by ListMyStartUp to publish verified information on different startups and organizations. The content in this post has been approved by GetVantage.
Until the last decade, investments in startups and businesses had been largely through the equity route (venture capital and angel investing) or through traditional debt instruments like bank loans. However, macroeconomic events such as the Covid-19 pandemic, the Ukraine crisis, supply chain issues, and inflation have popularized new forms of financing among lenders and borrowers.
Revenue-based financing is an alternative to more traditional equity-based investments and debt financing. With this new segment of financing instruments, founders can make flexible payments that are designed to accommodate the natural variance in the company’s revenue without demanding a fixed amount, high-variable interest rates, collateral, personal guarantees, or any equity-dilution.
Established in 2019, GetVantage is India’s leading revenue-based financing fintech platform for eCommerce brands and digital businesses. GetVantage has hypercharged the growth of over 450+ digital SMEs across 23 categories including B2B SaaS and subscription-based companies, D2C, eCommerce, edtech, healthtech, cloud-kitchens, and nutrition, amongst others.
- Startup Name-GetVantage
- Headquarters-Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Industry-Revenue based Financing
- Founders-Bhavik Vasa, Amit Srivastava
- Total Funding-$41 Million(June,2022)
- GetVantage is a capital gateway, enabling founders and eCommerce entrepreneurs to secure more founder-friendly, non-dilutive financing options designed for modern businesses.
- Founded in 2019 by seasoned fintech entrepreneur Bhavik Vasa and Tech & Ops veteran Amit Srivastava, GetVantage uses proprietary technology to analyze an assortment of sales, marketing, and accounting data to offer non-dilutive growth capital to founders based on current and projected revenue.
- GetVantage makes data-driven investments between INR 5 lacs - 10 crores to help digital businesses unlock their true growth potential. Unlike traditional funding sources, GetVantage doesn’t require business owners to give up equity or control via board seats or warrants or put up collateral. A founders-first company, GetVantage has built a strong ecosystem of strategic partners to provide business owners with powerful growth solutions (capital, insights, tools, and resources) to hypercharge growth.
- GetVantage was founded in 2019 by seasoned fintech entrepreneur Bhavik Vasa and Tech & Ops veteran Amit Srivastava.
Bhavik Vasa and Amit Srivatava are the co-founders of GetVantage.
- Bhavik is a 2X Founder and a business leader with 15+ years of global experience across FinTech, eCommerce, Digital Payments, and Mobile technologies.
- He is deeply passionate about building for and empowering entrepreneurs. He founded GetVantage as a purpose-driven organization by founders, for founders. He is also an active Angel Investor.
- Previously, Bhavik was Chief Growth Officer at ItzCash, instrumental for its scale as India's leading Fintech. It was later acquired by the Ebix group in 2017 and is now known by the name of EbixCash.
- He has a Bachelor's degree with honors in International Business from Northwood University, Florida, and executive training in Entrepreneurship from Stanford University.
- Amit is an entrepreneur at heart, having founded and scaled multiple companies previously in the financial services and technology sector. Amit is also a veteran COO and CTO, having served in these roles at various companies since 2013, including Startupbootcamp. He has a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology from Utkal University and has completed his Executive Training in General Management from IIM Calcutta.
GetVantage: Mission and Vision
- Mission: GetVantage is on a mission to help founders win by making fundraising frictionless. To empower Trad-Fi with innovative technology to capture and manage surging business opportunities from SMEs.
- Vision: The capital gateway to help supercharge growth for every business.
- GetVantage saw 300% year-on-year (YoY) growth in 2022 and helped brands achieve 1.8x revenue growth post-funding on average. To date, GetVantage’s capital gateway has funded over US$350 million in GMV for over 450+ brands across 23 categories ranging from B2B SaaS, D2C, eCommerce, edtech, healthtech, cloud kitchens, and nutrition, amongst others.
- On June 30, 2022, GetVantage announced a US $36m strategic growth round led by Varanium Nexgen Fintech Fund, DMI Sparkle Fund, and returning investors Chiratae Ventures and Dream Incubator Japan. Other new investors who participated in this round include Sony Innovation Fund, InCred Capital, and Haldiram’s Family Office, amongst others. In 2020, The company raised a seed capital of $5m.
What is revenue-based financing?
- Revenue-based financing is a capital-raising model which provides funds to new startups and in return, asks for a percentage of that startup's gross revenue.
What does GetVantage do?
- GetVantage uses proprietary technology to analyze an assortment of sales, marketing, and accounting data to offer non-dilutive growth capital to founders based on current and projected revenue.
Who are the founders of GetVantage?
- Bhavik Vasa and Amit Srivastava.
How much has GetVantage funded till date?
- To date, GetVantage’s capital gateway has funded over US$350 million in GMV for over 450+ brands across 23 categories.
Is revenue-based financing better than other debt instruments?
- Revenue-based financing offers easy accessibility to capital which makes it better than other debt instruments like venture debts or bank loans.