Company Profile is an initiative by ListMyStartUp to publish verified information on different startups and organizations. The content in this post has been approved by 6sense.
Both sales and marketing are significant pillars of every business as they act as a catalyst for generating revenue. While marketing involves building brand awareness among audiences, sales turn that viewership into profits by converting leads into actual customers.
However, the marketing and sales team needs to understand consumer behavior through appropriate data and visibility. It is when 6sense comes into the picture. This company helps the revenue team to access relevant statistics with the help of advanced technology.
In this article, know about 6sense, its business, founders, products, startup story, funding, and more.
6sense – Company Highlights
- Company Name-6sense
- Headquarters-San Francisco, California, United States
- Primary Industry-SalesTech
- Founders-Amanda Kahlow, Dustin Chang, Premal Shah, Shane Moriah, and Viral Bajaria
- Founded In-2013
6sense - About
- 6sense is a San Francisco-based company that reinvents the way B2B organizations create, manage, and convert their pipeline to revenue. Its revenue AI eliminates guesswork and arms the organization’s revenue team with important data and visibility that is required to create and convert high-quality pipelines into revenue.
- Currently, Jason Zintak is the CEO and Viral Bajraj is the CTO of 6sense. The company is growing at a faster pace with 6 branches in the United States, the United Kingdom, and India. Moreover, it is ranked the 130 fastest-growing companies in North America on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500TM.
6sense - Founders and Team
Set up in 2013, 6sense was founded by Amanda Kahlow, Dustin Chang, Premal Shah, Shane Moriah, and Viral Bajaria.
- Amanda Kahlov is a graduate of the University of Colorado Boulder and is the founder and ex-CEO of 6sense. Moreover, she founded CI Insight Inc. and held the role of CEO. Presently, she is working as the director at MAHA global and an advisor at Brit + Co.
- Co-founder of 6sense, Dustin Change has graduated from the University of Washington. He has co-founded Grepdata and is working as CTO of Stealth Startup.
- Earned a degree in Computer Science from the University of Southern California, Premal Shah is co-founder of 6sense. Moreover, he has also co-founded GrepData and worked in Livingly Media for almost 7 years.
- Co-founder of 6sense, Shane Moriah has graduated from Stanford University and has a degree in BS, Computer Science. He has co-founded 6sense and GrepData and is now, working as Chief Technology Officer in Settle.
- Viral Bajaria graduated from the University of Southern California with a degree in Computer Science before co-founding and working as CEO of 6sense.
- Talking about the company size, currently, it employs 1200 employees, ranging from data scientists and business leaders to engineers and mathematicians.
6sense - Startup Story
- 6sense was developed by Amanda Kahlow along with other co-founders in 2013 after consultation with Cisco- the technology company. It was launched as a tool for organizations running marketing and sales businesses by predicting the inclination of potential customers.
- In 2014, the company launched the world’s first B2B sales and marketing prediction intelligence platform. It achieved another milestone by receiving a patent for a machine learning method to predict the future of B2B sales and marketing in 2016.
6sense - Mission and Vision
- The common goal of 6sense is to change B2B sales and marketing with predictive intelligence. It focuses on offering the best solutions to help marketers and sellers succeed.
6sense - Products and Services
The core platform comprises foundational features that the sales and marketing team needs for scaling their ABM programs. The solutions offered by the company are:
- Account Identification
- Data Enrichment and Management
- Intent Data
- Audience Building
- Predictive Analysis
- Orchestration and Workflows
- Pipeline Intelligence
- Conversational E-mail
- Sales Intelligence
6sense - Business Model
- The account engagement platform of 6sense helps B2B organizations achieve predictable revenue growth by providing the access to AI, big data, and machine learning to every member of the revenue team. The company’s Revenue AI platform uncovers anonymous buying behavior, predicts the right accounts to target at the right time, and enables the sales and marketing team to engage buyers with multi-channel and multi-touch campaigns.
- How Big Data Is Transforming Sales And Marketing
- What is Big data and why is it transforming sales and marketing? It is the collection of data of a company. Read this article to know more about it.
Avinash kumar mahato
- Its business model revolves around helping revenue teams know every necessary detail about their buyers so that they can generate more opportunities, increase deal size, and win over the competition.
6sense - Funding and Investors
- 6sense raised total funding of $426 million over 8 rounds. On 20 January 2020, the latest funding round was held and the company received $200 million in Series E Round. It is funded by 19 investors and some of these are SoftBank Vision Fund, B Capital Group, Harmony Partners, Industry Ventures, Venrock, Insight Partners, and Blue Owl.
6sense - Partners
6sense believes in partnering with renowned firms to expand its horizons. It has collaborated with around 24 partners and some of these are:
- Hero Digital
- Adobe Target
6sense - Growth
- The estimated annual revenue of 6sense in 2022 is $245 million per year. And its current valuation stands at $5.2 billion (January 2022). In addition, the employee count has increased by 127% and the monthly rank growth of the website is 13.63%.
6sense - Awards and Achievements
6sense, the global platform is rewarded with several awards and achievements. It closed out 2022 with some of these awards and achievements:
- Best Workplaces for Women
- Best Company for Diversity
- Best Company Culture
- Best CEO
- Best Company Compensation
- Best Company Outlook
- Recognized as a Leader in the December 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for ABM Platforms
- Tech Cares Award by TrustRadius
6sense - Competitors
With 6sense offering solutions across different parts of the world, it faces cut-throat competition worldwide. Some of its competitors are:
What is 6sense and how does it help sales teams?
- 6sense is an AI-driven revenue intelligence platform that helps sales and marketing teams to identify and engage with high-value accounts more effectively.
How does 6sense use AI and machine learning to improve revenue generation?
- 6sense uses AI and machine learning to identify buying intent signals, providing real-time insights to sales teams for more effective engagement and improved revenue generation.
What kind of businesses and industries can benefit from using 6sense?
- B2B businesses with longer sales cycles, high-value products/services, and complex sales teams can benefit from using 6sense's revenue intelligence platform.