Company Profile is an initiative by ListMyStartup to publish verified information on different startups and organizations. The content in this post has been approved by Amdocs.
With a technologically advanced and competitive corporate sector, almost every company looks forward to transforming its business communication and IT structure. Cloud-migrated, digitized, and automated companies leveraging innovative technologies tend to have better operational efficiency and productivity.
Enterprises can find several platforms to access innovative solutions, including 5G, communication tools, digitization, cloud migration, and automation solutions. One such platform is Amdocs. It is a software and services provider that enables customers' digital and network transformation via innovative solutions, expertise, and intelligent operations.
Let's dig in for more details about Amdocs, from its founders, mission, and startup story to investments, products, competitors, and more.
Amdocs – Company Highlights
- Company Name-Amdocs
- Headquarters-Chesterfield, Missouri, United States
- Sector-Software Development
- Founders-Avinoam Naor, Boaz Dotan, Morris Kahn
- Founded In-1982
- Revenue-$9.4B (2022)
- Website- Amdocs.com
Amdocs - About
- Amdocs is a multinational corporation specializing in innovative software and services for media, communication, financial service providers, and digital enterprises. The company unlocks customers' innovative potential and empowers them to transform their boldest ideas into reality by accelerating their migration to the cloud, digitalizing and automating their operations, differentiating in the 5G era, and providing end users with the next-generation communication and media experiences.
- Amdocs has a global presence with 53 offices located in the United States, Israel, India, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Ireland, and other areas. It serves billions of consumers worldwide through its relationships with 600+ content creators and 350+ communications & media providers across 85+ countries.
Amdocs - Founders and Team
- Avinoam Naor, Boaz Dotan, and Morris Kahn are the founders of Amdocs.
- Avinoam Naor earned a bachelor's degree in Computer Science at Technion. He was one of the Amdocs founders and was its President and CEO from 1995 to 2002.
- Boaz Dotan graduated from Tel Aviv University. He is the co-founder of Amdocs, and in 1982, he was appointed the company's first President and CEO. Currently, he is a board member at Retalix Ltd and a partner at AfterDox.
- Morris Kahn is an Israeli entrepreneur. In addition to Amdocs, he founded Golden Pages Israel, the Aurec Group, Coral World, and a few more companies.
Amdocs - Startup Story
- In 1982, Amdocs was founded in Israel as an offshoot of Golden Pages- the phone directory company owned by the Aurec Group, which Morris Kahn headed. Boaz Dotan was appointed as the company's first President and CEO. Morris, along with others at Golden Pages, developed a billing software program for phone directory companies. He and Boaz incorporated Aurec Information & Directory Systems for marketing the product.
- 50 percent ownership of Aurec Information & Directory Systems was acquired by Southwestern Bell Corporation in 1985, and its name was changed to Amdocs. Within two years, the Aurec Group sold Amdocs' remaining holdings for approximately $1 billion.
- Amdocs diversify for the first time between 1990 and 1995 by expanding first into the wireline telephony arena and then the mobile space. In June 1988, it went public on the New York Stock Exchange and moved to the NASDAQ Global Select Market in 2014.
- In 1999, Amdocs entered the managed services space and entered many different markets by acquiring multiple companies.
Amdocs - Mission and Vision
- Amdocs aims to enrich lives and progress society with creativity and technology.
Amdocs - Business Model
- 5G, Automation, B2B Portfolio, Cloud, Digital, Media, and Financial Services form Amdocs's core business, which has been expanded through several acquisitions and partnerships. The company's technology, design-led approach, and expertise help service providers accelerate their journey to the cloud, deploy and manage existing and next-generation networks, improve their entertainment offerings, and service customers across multiple channels.
- Moreover, Amdocs sometimes engages third-party vendors and system integrators to provide complimentary products and services, including hardware and software.
Amdocs - Products and Services
Amdocs provides multiple products and services, and these are:
- Amdocs Customer Experience Suite
- Amdocs Digital Brands Suite
- Catalog Management
- Amdocs Subscription Marketplace
- Commerce & Care
- Amdocs Network
- Network & Service Automation
- Network Deployment & Optimization
- OTT & Digital Subscription
- Amdocs Microservices Management Platform
- Amdocs Consulting Services
- Amdocs Low-Code Experience Platform
- Amdocs Content Mangement Services
- Amdocs Operations Services
- Amdocs Delivery Services
- Amdocs Mobile Network Services
- Amdocs Systems Integration Services
- Amdocs Quality Engineering Services
Amdocs - Challenged Faced
- In early 2000, a counterintelligence investigation was conducted by federal agencies to determine whether Israel was using Amdocs to eavesdrop on U.S. government communications. But no evidence was found in the inquiry.
- Moreover, as per Spy Cables, in 2009, the South African State Security Agency suspected Amdocs of being used by Mossad to spy on South African citizens by tapping their mobile phones to collect information.
Amdocs - Funding and Investments
Amdocs has undertaken 1 funding round, i.e., Post-IP Equity Round, on January 1, 2023. Moreover, the company has made the following 10 investments:
Amdocs - Patents and Trademarks
- Amdocs' intellectual property includes 3 registered patents, primarily categorized into the 'Computing; Calculating' class.
Amdocs - Growth
- Amdocs' estimated annual revenue in 2022 is $4.3 billion ($101,736 per employee). In January 2022, its valuation stood at $9.4 billion. Moreover, the monthly website visit grew by -4.8%, with 548,432 visits.
Amdocs - Partners
Amdocs has 175 partners, of which 159 are technology partners, and 16 are channel partners. Some of them are:
- Hewlett Packard
- Amazon Web Service
- Google Cloud
- Microsoft Azure
- Amdocs eSIM
Amdocs - Awards and Achievements
Amdocs received many prestigious awards:
- TWO Coveted Leading Lights 2021 awards for Outstanding Digital Enablement Vendor and Innovative Hybrid Networking Strategy.
- Amdocs + Airtel won TM Forum's Excellence Award in the 'Customer Experience and Trust' category.
- The Carbon Disclosure Project recognized Amdocs as a sustainable leader.
- Amdocs Media's MarketONE platform won Media Excellent Award in the 'Payment/Crypto/Commerce category.'
Amdocs - Competitors
Some of Amdocs' main competitors are:
- HP Enterprise Services
What is Amdocs and what does it do?
- Amdocs is a multinational corporation specializing in innovative software and services for media, communication, financial service providers, and digital enterprises.
Who are the founders of Amdocs?
- Avinoam Naor, Boaz Dotan, and Morris Kahn founded Amdocs in 1982.
Who are the main competitors of Amdocs?
Some of Amdocs' main competitors are:
- HP Enterprise Services
Who is the CEO of Amdocs?
- Shuky Sheffer is the CEO of Amdocs.